Apple’s iPhone, with its many iterations especially camera enhancements, and through the help of creativity apps, has changed the way we snap and share our photos and videos, proving true what Chase Jarvis proclaimed as “the best camera is that one that’s with you.” And you didn’t have to be a pro to be able to capture the beauty of subjects and scenes around you, and in most situations, your iPhone will do the trick, even quick.
The photo-sharing app and the community it built that’s relatively unknown some 6 years ago is now 700 million strong. That’s no longer news, as that milestone was reached last April, what’s more notable though, are the new (and some copycat) features being rolled out faster by Instagram.
This 18th of April 2017 or #418, is IGersManila’s 6th founding anniversary. And in partnership with @ManilaBulletin’s Earth Day celebration, we’re asking you our fellow IGers to keep the good vibes rolling by sharing visual stories of your best nature experiences in and around the Philippines for a special #9pmhabit. Get the chance to have your photos published in the Earth Day edition of the Manila Bulletin newspaper.
The Ford EcoSport has started a new trend in the Philippine vehicle segment. Its trendy design became popular among ageing millennials, according to EJ Francisco, AVP for Communications, Ford Philippines . Urban driving is an ease as you can squeeze it through the busy streets of Metro Manila.
Our early morning meetup was at Ford Bonifacio Global City. We were oriented about our #ArtAppreciationDrive schedule using a white Ford EcoSport.
Last year saw a lot of changes to our favorite Instagram app. Of the many iterations it went through, the switch to an algorithm-based feed over the chronological timeline that we’re all used to, got the ire of many Instagram’ers, worried that followers will no longer see any and all their posts, thus affecting engagement. Obviously, this didn’t stop Facebook-owned Instagram from rolling out the algorithm, following a move almost similar to how Facebook arranges its newsfeed, which takes into great consideration your viewing and liking behavior and preferences. This prompted devoted IGers to post about this change, urging followers to subscribe to their posts by way of turning on post notifications, which will help ensure users don’t miss out on their posts. Aside from allowing users to subscribe to posts they want to follow, Instagram’s post notifications, also introduced last year, just like Facebook’s, alerts you each time your favorite Instagram’er posts a photo or video.
As we have relaunched the #IGersManila #9pmhabit with new mechanics this March, we’re urging our community to turn on post notifications for @igersmanila, to get notified about our daily visual storytelling habit, as well as get updates on our special projects and social campaigns.
Kevin Systrom, Co-Founder and CEO of Instagram, recently announced Worldwide Instameet 15 to be held on the weekend of March 25 to 26, 2017 this time centered on the theme of kindness. And at IGersManila, we’re happy to oblige as we join communities across the globe in spreading kindness for #WWIM15❤️PH #WWIM15❤️. This will be the 24th Philippine Instameet / Manila Instameet.
Open to all Instagram’ers, registration is required. Limited slots available, go to bit.ly/wwim15ph for more details.
In time for @IGersManila’s celebration of 6 awesome years of Instagram’ing this April, we have rehashed our #9pmhabit daily visual storytelling habit. Be sure to follow and turn on post notifications for @IGersManila on Instagram so you get notified of new updates for our community.
Read on for the full mechanics of the new #9pmhabit:
- Every day at 9:00pm Philippine Standard Time (PST / GMT +8:00), we’re asking fellow Instagram’ers across the globe to snap, filter, and share visual stories on Instagram.
- To join the #9pmhabit and get the chance to earn qualifying points, you must first register to be in IGersManila’s Circle of Snapshooters or #iCoss.
- To allow participating IGers to prepare their posts, we post a #9pmhabit reminder every day on or before 9:00pm PST.
- Except for special projects and social campaigns, there will be NO THEME for the #9pmhabit, but we ask participating IGers to tag only posts that best express their creativity and individuality.
- Upload and tag your Instagrams from 9:00pm PST until 9:00am PST the next day.
- Hashtag your work with #igersmanila #9pmhabit.
- Click or tap on any of these 2 hashtags to check out other entries. Be sure to like or double-tap all the posts and leave comments to spark conversations.
- There will be one (1) #PhotoPick from a shortlist of nominations by our collaborators pool every day, which will be announced before the next #9pmhabit reminder is posted.
- IGer who gets selected and featured as #PhotoPick will earn one (1) qualifying point for the Philippine Instagram Photo Exhibit (PIPE), held every last quarter of the year.
- At our annual PIPE and IGnitePH events, we’ll be recognizing top #PhotoPick winners and Likers, to name a few.
- Every Sunday a collage of all submissions for the week will be posted, as well as a carousel of #PhotoPick winners.
- The new #9pmhabit takes effect starting 09-March-2017 onwards.
Keep the good vibes rolling! #ktgvr
This week, we bring you back @IGersManila’s hashtags created and popularized by #TheMods and #TheColl. This is #IGMHashtags.
Today, Saturday 04-March-2017, let’s snap, filter, and share visual stories of our favorite food for @iamkebok’s #Foodamology—our feasts on tabletops that are deliciously colorful and will surely make you crave.
Spread creativity and positivity with your posts using your favorite photo edit and filter apps. Tag your post/s to @IGersManila and don’t forget to add #IGersManila #9pmhabit #IGMHashtags #Foodamology #IGersPhilippines to your photo or video caption so we can add your work to our collage and get the chance to be featured as a #PhotoPick.
Knowing the basics of composition, placement and colors, let’s put to the test our skills in capturing visual stories. This week, let’s go outdoors and snap, filter and share subjects we see on the road. This is #IGMOnTheRoad—snapshots of things we see while we are traveling.
Today, Saturday 25-February-2017, let’s snap, filter, and share visual stories of the strangers you meet while traveling or on the road.
Spread creativity and positivity with your posts using your favorite photo edit and filter apps. Tag your post/s to @IGersManila and don’t forget to add #IGersManila #9pmhabit #IGMOnTheRoad #IGersPhilippines to your photo or video caption so we can add your work to our collage and get the chance to be featured as a #PhotoPick.
What an inspiring movie about unity guys! I’ve been invited to watch the press screening of Hidden Figures at Greenbelt 3 Cinema. It’s definitely a feel good movie for anyone wanting to be uplifted, especially in today’s political climate.